Black Powder

jgoal55

Market
Reaction score
Has anyone ever used this stuff? Looks very sketchy but am kind of curious?

I used it for years and still have some to this day. I do not dose it much anymore.... I think better alternitives and products have come along over then years. I do not know if I would "waste" your money on it but if you want to try it out, I will give you some.

It is a Marc Weiss product from my understanding and that product line is generally regarded very poorly. I believe it is supposed to be some form of freeze dried phyto. I would use Marine Snow, DTs, ReefChili or Cyclopeeze before throwing that stuff in my tank.

I agree with Cam. The Marc Weiss line is not in high regard in the hobby, and he is very secretive about the contents of his highly unusual "blends". He also makes some pretty outlandish claims that no one has ever been able to replicate. My impression is that this stuff is not benign (other than a walletectomy), it will also cause your Nitrates to go up.

its crap. does nothing. but float on the top and gets sucked into the sump.

well, i guess there is a general consensus then....so, I should use it right?

j/k....thanks for the info kids.

There are lots of great products out there now, which are much more highly regarded than black powder. You will be happy if you use the products that cameron suggested. My coral love DTs

Cyclopeeze works like magic, feed it at night when the sweepers are out and corals will eat it.

i have the frozen cyclopeeze stuff, i am trying to figure out whether or not the little pieces are whole organisms or pieces of a blended up mixture. The website explains it pretty well, but i still dont know if it answers my question.

if you look at it closely it is actually whole organism. I bring everything to my school lab because we don't do crap there and look at it when i'm bored. It have little wiskers and looks pretty sexy. Not sure why it's so red tho.

supposedly, the fact that its so red is a very good thing. The caroteins (sp?) are supposed to be transfered to whatever eats it.

Back