Black Spots

engelphotos

Reaction score
So as a beginner there's all these questions that are probably simple to answer ? So hear goes it.

Yesterday did my check on the tank and all parameters are good !! Tank is been running for about 3 months now. I have two fish in Q.T. that will go in display tank in 30 days been in Q.T. 30 days. I have these black small spots in certain places in the tank on the glass and their usually in clusters of several. their difficult to get off with just a magnetic tank brush ? Any idea what they are. I'll take a picture tonight. Also the substrate looks a little dirty what would be a effective method for cleaning the substrate ? I don't wand a sand storm ?

Thanks,

Fred

Pics would help. Are there spots on the fishes, or just on the glass?

Almost sounds like coralline algae but they aren't usually black.

Jenn

so the spots are only on the tank no where else. not on the fish !! So in the first picture

1040213=62480-Sadie Hawkins Dance (1 of 1).jpg
>
1040213=62480-Sadie Hawkins Dance (1 of 1).jpg
class="gc-images" title="Sadie Hawkins Dance (1 of 1).jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:400px" /></a>

P.S. since i'm a newbie what is that i have in the picture. I got all these corals ? from a fellow reefer and never asked what they are :(

Fred

P.S. besides the lighting i've been putting "Fuel" food supplement for corals ? twice a week

You'll learn quicker then you think :) I've only been doing this about 6 months. I've learned sooo much. That's a hammer coral in the pic. It looks very healthy.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

I see algae on the back wall... is that what you mean?

Well yes and no the algae is new and the white spots on the back of the tank, I also forgot I have a pink erchin that is on my last nerve, goes all over the place knocking things over!!

Back