Blennies compatable?

linda lee

Market
Reaction score
Sailfin/Algae Blenny and a Bi-Colored Blenny.

Are these okay together in a 55g? (Eventually, a 90g?) I've read that it's two of the same blenny that are a no-no, but just wanted to be sure since I really like both of these guys and would hate to see one of them off the other.

I'm still researching... haven't found anything yet.

SF is still in Q/T, so I have some time.

they say that a blenny wont get along with another blenny due to its body shape....although i have no personal exp on that one. I'd think that it would be a no no.

I was told the same...Pick the one I want first because it will be the only one..I thought maybe it was because I hade only a 24 gl...guess not

SF will probably just go into Loren's tank then. Probably for the best, since he's a grazer and Loren's tank is...... well.... *growing*

See I thought it sucked. Wierd how two people can see two different meanings in a sentence.

Good luck on ever getting the Bi color blenny out of your tank, he's a great hider.....

I can sense in his head, as he's darting around "Become the rock, become the rock......."!

I have a Bi Color..He is most entertaining, I was fortunate he came out of the tank when I was transferring rock to new one..

dont mix blennies unless you have a BIG tank. It's sad to watch such happy looking fish (they always look like they have a smile on their face) kill each other.

I didnt know they were like that...and your right they look so happy

These won't be mixed.

Bi-Guy is for the 90g (currently in a 55g holding tank).

SailFin will be the sole blenny in a 120g. He should be able to munch happily for a looooooooong time.

Back