Blenny? Goby? Dragonet?

linda lee

Market
Reaction score
So we just got a http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=15+1635+551&pcatid=551">Mandarin Goby</a>, which is not really a goby at all, but a dragonet. A peaceful fish that gets along with everyone except for other (male) mandarin dragonets.

We used to have a scooter blenny and have recently seen a [IMG]http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=15+1635+91&pcatid=91">red scooter blenny</a> at a LFS-- VERY cool. But in researching this fish, I'm seeing it called a dragonet. So this <u>isn't</u> a blenny? In the same way a mandarin goby <u>isn't</u> a goby.

Can a mandarin (goby) dragonet co-exist with a scooter (blenny) dragonet?

Any experience combining these? I'm guessing we can't, but just want to make sure. Tank would be 180 gallon.

I would think it would be fine. It is my understanding that Mandarins only get fussy around other male Mandarins so the Scooter should be fine. Now whether or not they would wipe out your copepods I do not know- you probably well enough rock though.

I have a mandarin and scooter in an 90 gallon... They are fine as they each go about their business. My tanks has been set up for over two years and there is plenty to each as the fuge is full of varmits and so is tank.

I have a Scooter Blenny in my 70G with a pair of Green Mandarins. Like Dawgdude said, the real challenge is providing enough food. Mine eat frozen food and pellets.

bobz;283182 wrote: I have a Scooter Blenny in my 70G with a pair of Green Mandarins. Like Dawgdude said, the real challenge is providing enough food. Mine eat frozen food and pellets.

Well, we may try it if we ever see another red scooter locally.

Hey, Bob? These two could be in your system... they do the (now famous) BobZMatingDance.

Red Scooter Blennies...
watch

I'm sure they will all be mating promptly Dr. Moreau.

bobz;283182 wrote: I have a Scooter Blenny in my 70G with a pair of Green Mandarins. Like Dawgdude said, the real challenge is providing enough food. Mine eat frozen food and pellets.

Back