Blenny Question

donalds1

Market
Reaction score
I have a 24 gallon Nano that is doing great but I am startting to get a lot of a round leafy green plant starting to grow from everywhere and my snails and hermits cant keep up with it. Nice stuff but grwing fast. Is a blenny one of the better fish tokeep it in check ?

IMO, my blenny would rather eat the food I dropped in than algea. Can you get a pic of the algea youre getting, that way we could suggest a better course of action.

Blennies are so hit or miss...my Red Lip loves algae and I supplement his feeding with Nori just to make sure he gets enough. I do agree with Lee though a pic of the algae may help get you a better solution to your problem.

If you want a Blenny to munch algae, the only one I've ever seen consistently eat algae is a lawnmower blenny. Not an "algae eater" blenny or any of the others. The others are hit and miss, but lawnmowers are pretty consistent.

If it's
prod_Display.cfm

yes that is what it is . I was just trying to find a fish or critter to be my lawn mower :)

Ya, good luck findiung much that will eat Halimeda. Like outher green calcareous macroalgaes, it is about as appitizing for critters as styrofoam is for you to munch on. Reports of emerals eating it are common but not enough to tell you that they eat it. A Sally crab might, I just can not think of a fish that would. I would remove as much by hand as you can!!!

If you remove it, I'll trade you something for it!

Dont just trash it, that stuff sells on ebay 15 to 20 bucks a pop.....

Save that stuff and make a refugium. You'll probably have to keep pulling it out by hand tho.

IME, blennys are better for film algeas not macro. I would pull it by hand and sell it!

Back