Blue Green Chromis MIA

NanCrab

Supporting
Reaction score
I’ve had 2 clownfish and a blue green chromis almost since the beginning. Before my DT even had water in it I had them. Started off with just 2 tiny (now huge) oc clowns. After 6 weeks in QT with them just hovering in a corner we got 3 chromis. Within 3 days we were down to 1. So the 2 clowns and 1 chromis we call “the 3 amigos” because they are ALWAYS together.
I had to leave early this morning but my husband said he was definitely fine with the clowns this morning, looked and ate like normal. I got home this afternoon and he is nowhere, and I mean NOWHERE to be found. We even tried feeding his favorites, pellets and shrimp but still no chromis, no body no nothing. Did my best to look into the bottoms of the overflows, didn’t see him. Any ideas? Anybody ever had a chromis go into hiding?

No I’m not. But can’t find a body around the tank either. We do have a screen top on but I guess they’ll find a way if they want. I had a diamond goby completely disappear too. I thought maybe the cat got that one as it happened overnight. I wasn’t home all day so I’m stumped

I’ve seen a large bristle worm pull a mandarin that died under a rock. Small fish of course.

Yes I have a cat...Pixie She is fond of hunting around the bird feeder and bringing us birds and chipmunks that we then have to either rescue or dispose of. I’m 100% certain she got the diamond goby when it jumped (with TWO lids) out of QT We never found the body but no place to hide in QT except the little sand in container B1D0EB67-ED9A-4AE1-83D2-0C61215237CC.jpeg

Back