Blue Smurfs

jcook54

Secretary
Staff member
Supporting
Contest Committee
Reaction score
Well, here's how the blue smurf acro is looking. I picked it up on January 25th and let it settle for a week and then fragged it to make the main colony more manageable. (I'm saying "I" but really it was me and a friend with a band saw) We immediately put the frags in 3 different tanks at different light levels to determine what it wanted. Well, it wanted lots of light and trace elements. I've got one that is sort of a reddish green and the best results were had at a high par level with lots blue light in the daily program. Here's a side shot of the mother colony, please note all of the growth at the tip where they were cut. The second shot is a top down of the mother colony and all of her babies that have grown and started encrusting plugs. I love my Wife but the fact that she wasn't impressed led me to shake my head and exclaim "I know where these will be appreciated!" and that is here.

Attachments

• Smurf 4 031519.jpeg
    Smurf 4 031519.jpeg
    271.7 KB · Views: 32
  • Smurf 5 031519.jpeg
    Smurf 5 031519.jpeg
    447.3 KB · Views: 32
Look very nice. I just recently put two acro frags in my tank, one a frogs skin and the other not sure. Waiting to see if I can grow them.

Very nice! My tanks are not set up for success with Acros but boy are they beautiful! Great job!

Back