Blue Tuxedo Urchin????

savingnemo754

Market
Reaction score
I have a 24 gal aquapod and it is really packed. Overstocked to a degree. I have recently added a blue tuxedo urchin and have notice that my orange ricordia and green ricordia have gone missing. I noticed it after comming home and seeing my blue ricordia stuck to his back on the rock where they all are. Is it possible that he ate them?

Some urchins pull up parts of their surroundings to use as camoflauge. He might have been doing that if I undestand that he was "wearing' one of your rics. But generally, they are herbivores.

globulus1.jpg
alt="" />

I've got one and it's a walking zoa colony. I love it :). It wouldn't intentionally kill your rics but as Chris said it may uproot them.

FutureInterest;197168 wrote: I've got one and it's a walking zoa colony. I love it :). It wouldn't intentionally kill your rics but as Chris said it may uproot them.

when i first got my urchin he would do that and it used to piss me off to the nth degree but then i said i am tired of coming home and taking my GSP off of him. how i have a gsp that moves around the whole tank. its funny to see

I had an urchin for a while and I got tired of picking all my corals up off the sand. they dont seem to care what they run over so it may have just knocked them off have you looked in between and behind your rock work?

Mine is like Jin's, he's half covered in zoas. It's cute. He hasn't bothered anything else, though.

thanks guys. He may have just relocated mine. I am about to tear down and redo everything anyways. Im thinking of doing 100% sps in it anyways.

Back