Blue Zoo Aquatics order

ActiveAngel

Contest Committee Lead
Supporting
Contest Committee
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I don't often place online orders, but I intend to place an order for a specific invert that nobody else has in stock now.
Blue Zoo Aquatics seems to have the best inventory and some sweet sales! I already have enough in my cart for free shipping.

But if anybody else wants to piggy-back on my free shipping, post below or send me a PM with what you want. I can add your things to my order. I'll leave this open for couple days.

They also have a 7-day Arrive Alive guarantee, which I think is very generous.
You can come and pick up your livestock anytime. I'm located just off I-285 exit 30 in Dunwoody.

Link below:

What we really want to know is what specific invert are you getting that's not readily available elsewhere?

Haha... I don’t want to jinx myself. It seems like every time I’m about to pick some up lately, they disappear. Lol. I’ll let y’all know soon

lol, I was wondering the same thing... Looked at the stock list hoping they had some harlequin shrimp but alas... They do have some interesting stuff though.

We have a shopping cart is compiled and ready to go! But they won’t ship until Monday anyways.

I’ll probably hold out and place the order later tonight. If anybody wants to add anything, either a bunch of livestock, or just a singular Clean-Up Crew member that’s on sale there; shoot me message and I’ll add it to our cart.

Only Zap and I placed orders. But with this success, I may place future orders whenever I see some more great sales.

Everything shipped late last night, and arrived at 10am this morning via FedEx. Fortunately and unfortunately, I’m working from home today.

But I would say that I was very impressed with Blue Zoo Aquatics shipping. All livestock arrived seemingly without any casualties. Everything looks healthy. In addition to the individual bags with excess water, styrofoam, paper and plastic insulation, heat packs, and acclimation manual, they also included a free drip acclimation hose with suction cup, a vial of seaChem Stress Guard, and a sample of their proprietary food mixture.

While of course, they are trying to sell us on their food mixtures, the inclusion of the other two freebies shows that they really want to give customers and livestock 100% chance of success. And it makes sense how they are able to offer their 1-week Arrive Alive guarantee.

Two thumbs up!

@FutureInterest Bummer, I totally forgot to reach out to you on that. Yes, next time!

@jcook54 and @qasimja
The invert that has been eluding me for the past 1-2 years is Calcinus Seurati, aka the ‘Dwarf Zebra Hermit Crab‘ or the ‘White Banded Hermit Crab ‘ or the ‘Left Handed Hermit Crab’ (However, many Calcinus hermits have large left hands).

This reef safe hermit is not only beautiful, but also full of personality and very fast little guy! With how much they move around, you know that they’re burning calories, which indicates that they are likely doing a better job keeping your tank clean. After 2-3 years since my last batch, I only had a handful left.

On a related note; I’m also a fan of the Scarlet Reef Hermit, which seems to have the longest lifespan of all the mini hermits. And only slightly more expensive at $3-4 each.

And of course, I’m a fan of the Polkadot Hermit. While they usually are $15-35 each, I found some on sale for under $6 a few months ago, and snatched up several. Time will tell how they behave, but so far so good!

Back