boom

kstyle13

Market
Reaction score
I added a single little pack of copepods. About 3 or 4 weeks ago. They said it came with between 400 and 500 pods 800 max. I got it as soon as it came in at my lfs. Since I knew it was coming I was there for pickup. Over the last few weeks I find myself staring into the fuge. And everyday there are more and more pods on the glass and floating around the fuge. It's very exciting. Another few months and my pod pop should be enough to sustain a Mandarin. I held off getting the one that was already eating. But it's exciting to see my copepods doing so well. There's literally hundreds upon hundreds of these little buggers.

kstyle13;942365 wrote: I added a single little pack of copepods. About 3 or 4 weeks ago. They said it came with between 400 and 500 pods 800 max. I got it as soon as it came in at my lfs. Since I knew it was coming I was there for pickup. Over the last few weeks I find myself staring into the fuge. And everyday there are more and more pods on the glass and floating around the fuge. It's very exciting. Another few months and my pod pop should be enough to sustain a Mandarin. I held off getting the one that was already eating. But it's exciting to see my copepods doing so well. There's literally hundreds upon hundreds of these little buggers.

Just keep in mind that mandarins can eat hundreds of pods per day. I would personally wait at least 6 months and maybe 9 to give pods enough time to breed. Do you have any other pod predators? Might have to wait longer, or skip it, if you do.

Not that I know of. But I'm sure some of them will eat the given the opportunity.

Back