Borrow/Rent an RO/DI unit

oceandeep85

Market
Reaction score
Friends-

Anyone in the Roswell/Marietta/Sandy Springs area (or close by) willing to let me borrow or rent their RO/DI unit when I finally get my 40 B? Will only need it for a day or so to make enough water for my DT and sump.

My only other alternative is delaying my build a month while I save for a RO/DI unit, or buying a bunch of potable water carriers and making several trips to PURE for RO water at .69 a gallon.

:fish:

Bring a full empty huge tote to my house and I'll fill it for free, zero, nada :D
oh, I haven't use my new membranes in my ro but I flushed them every week and run some water trough the system and the readings on my TDS meter still show 0.00
BTW, I'm in L'ville

joseayes;1027255 wrote: Bring a full empty huge tote to my house and I'll fill it for free, zero, nada :D
oh, I haven't use my new membranes in my ro but I flushed them every week and run some water trough the system and the readings on my TDS meter still show 0.00
BTW, I'm in L'ville

my only concern is getting a tote with 60 gallons +/- of water back to my place and up a flight of stairs.. by myself. :) conservatively, that's almost 500lbs. unless you meant to make multiple trips..

You could use the 5 gallon jugs - although again, not ideal.

or just get couple brute trashcans from lowes, fill them up and bring them home. Use a dolly to move them and get them up the stairs, then use a pump to pump water from can to tank. After youre done just return the trashcans to lowes or keep them.

Dave, welcome to the stage of the hobby where 1-gallon distilled is not longer a good option. ;)

I'd recommend you just bite the bullet and get either a BRS or refurb'd Spectrapure unit and be done with it. If your new apartment has a laundry nook/hookups the "plumbing" part's dirt simple with a screw-in Y-fitting and the existing drain line. ~$150 going to be literally a drop in the bucket compared to the effort of schlepping even a monthly 25% water change. And there's plenty of times being able to do a 50% change as needed can save your tank.

Save your trashcan money and your back... between what a couple of brutes run you + at least one copay & bottle of Ibuprofen3 cost you'd just about be breaking even.

Berje;1027263 wrote: or just get couple brute trashcans from lowes, fill them up and bring them home. Use a dolly to move them and get them up the stairs, then use a pump to pump water from can to tank. After youre done just return the trashcans to lowes or keep them.

I like your style.

BulkRate;1027265 wrote: Dave, welcome to the stage of the hobby where 1-gallon distilled is not longer a good option. ;)

I'd recommend you just bite the bullet and get either a BRS or refurb'd Spectrapure unit and be done with it. If your new apartment has a laundry nook/hookups the "plumbing" part's dirt simple with a screw-in Y-fitting and the existing drain line. ~$150 going to be literally a drop in the bucket compared to the effort of schlepping even a monthly 25% water change. And there's plenty of times being able to do a 50% change as needed can save your tank.

Save your trashcan money and your back... between what a couple of brutes run you + at least one copay & bottle of Ibuprofen3 cost you'd just about be breaking even.

true. And, my own RO/DI is in the works for sure. There's really no way around it. However,I was hoping to not have to delay my build by at least a month just waiting on RO water.

Berje;1027263 wrote: or just get couple brute trashcans from lowes, fill them up and bring them home. Use a dolly to move them and get them up the stairs, then use a pump to pump water from can to tank. After youre done just return the trashcans to lowes or keep them.

Dolly a filled brute up stairs? Drive with a filled brute?

Have you ever done that before lol

JDavid;1027357 wrote: Dolly a filled brute up stairs? Drive with a filled brute?

Maybe it was a small Brute...just saying.

JDavid;1027357 wrote: Dolly a filled brute up stairs? Drive with a filled brute?

Yeah Ive had to dolly 3 30 gallon trash cans up stairs and back down full before and transport them full of water from north Atlanta 2 hours south to warner robins. . Not to bad if you put water in a trash bag then tie it off then put lid o . No spills at all and got every single drop of water out.

Berje;1027369 wrote: Yeah Ive had to dolly 3 30 gallon trash cans up stairs and back down full before and transport them full of water from north Atlanta 2 hours south to warner robins. . Not to bad if you put water in a trash bag then tie it off then put lid o . No spills at all and got every single drop of water out.

That's serious business.

I'm going to have to come up with something soon. Kinda lame to delay a build because, of all things, a lack of WATER. haha. :fish:

Back