brain coral under pcs

blind1993

Market
Reaction score
hi i was just wondering if a open brain would survive and be HAPPY under pcs.

Uh oh... you've left yourself WIDE open, kiddo...

Now everyone will have a comment about your brain

I am going to have to say no. That is not enough light for a brain coral. They like to be on the bottom on the sand and that is not going to be enough light for it down there.

<span style="color: black;">I don't think the question can be answered without a philosophical discussion regarding happiness and whether corals have emotions.</span>
<span style="color: black;"></span>
<span style="color: black;">As to whether it will be happy, from my own experience, my open brain was not doing well under 2x96w in my 55g. I moved it to my nano under 150w MH and it was much healthier.</span>

i was talking about open but it doesnt matter. i just like the brain corals.

My brain coral I received from the February frag meeting has shown decent growth under 96 watt PCs in my 12g nano. I'm no expert or anything. ;)

I think you should be fine...but blind1993 you need to realize that these corals need lots of care and specific requirments met at all times I think you should stick to softies for a while until you have more money and experience. According to
prod_Display.cfm

oh ok i dont think i will get it soon since i am waiting for mapledreta to reply my pm since she is being kind enough and giving me her orbit fixture and i just wanted to see if it would thrive. thz for the info and advice to all of u guys.

Back