Brain Question

theplantman

Market
Reaction score
Do Trachy brains need to be kept on the sand bed like wellso brains or can they go on the rockwork? I have seen multiple pictures of these attached to rocks and was wondering because I was thinking of replacing our large fox coral with another brain.

Most trachy's can go either on the sand or the rocks- they really don't care. The bigger issue is the area around the coral and how sharp / "pointy" the rocks are. What you're guarding against is the coral flesh swelling up as it normally does, and then getting ripped on the surrounding rockwork. Putting them on the sandbed just minimizes that risk.

Thanks Mojo,

If I do replace the fox, I was going to look for a flat smoth piece of live rock to set it on the area surrounding is rounded live rock so it just might work.

mojo;327336 wrote: Most trachy's can go either on the sand or the rocks- they really don't care. The bigger issue is the area around the coral and how sharp / "pointy" the rocks are. What you're guarding against is the coral flesh swelling up as it normally does, and then getting ripped on the surrounding rockwork. Putting them on the sandbed just minimizes that risk.

Back