Breeding Clownfish

triga22

Market
Reaction score
When, or shall I say if my clowns spawn I would love to raise the fry to adulthood. I do know a little bit on breeding them and in the recent months have looked up unto it. I know about rotifers and such things like that. I would like to know if anyone in the club has sucessfully bred them, and if you have pictures of the process. When it comes time I would love for someone that has had experience with this help me get it setup and such.

I have seen some setups on swf forums. You hav a few rotifer tanks setup in case some fail. You have greenwater, growout tanks, ill try to get a link

showthread.php

The current issue of Tropical Fish Hobbyist has a great write-up on how to breed maroon clowns. Check it out.

Thanks. Ill look into it.
CGill you going to the December meeting?

Joyce D. Wilkersons book on clown fish is one of the most informative, in an easy to understand wording, book on clown fish and breeding. You can even get it in paperback now, I believe.

Yes. I have been told numerous times to get that book. I will do so. Im just looking now to see if there is any tips or advice becuase my clowns have not spawned yet. Im going to wait to go ahead with this until they mate.

Back