Brightwell Phosphate-E

Ktexe66

Market
Reaction score
Dose anyone know if this stuff will work with fresh water. My ATO water is measuring .25 coming out of the RO/DI. Wondering why I can’t get my phosphate down!🙄

Have you tested your freshly made salt water? I had the same problem testing rodi water, but the salt water was ok. I can't say for sure but my research led me to believe that the phosphate tests we use can not measure correctly in rodi water.

I tested the both the ATO and my freshly made Salt both were .25 the same as my DT and QT tanks.

I would focus on why its coming out at .25. How old is the Ro membrane and filters, resin etc...

Maybe 5 to six months. But haven’t used it to heavily. I measured the TDS of the Ro and it’s showing 0.

I was able to get the phosphate down some in all the Salt Tanks. But not in the RO tank. That’s why I asked . I will wait on my Hana tester which comes tomorrow before I go any further. The test kit I have doesn’t have any way to measure between .25-0.

Thanks that’s good information. I do run a DI cartridge on my RO unit. I guess the next step is to check the ingredients on the reef crystal salt for phosphate levels. My Hana pho’s tester will be here today so I will be able to get a better Idea of where my levels really are on the tanks and salt tank anyway. I won’t worry about the ATO.

Back