brine shrimp in fuge

spike

Sponsor
Reaction score
Has anybody put brine shrimp eggs in their fuge? Hatching and making it up to the tank. I know pods can travel that way.

If I remember right, brine shrimp do not hatch in 1.025 SG water, I could be wrong though.

Of course! ;)

FYI: I do not know why people feed brine shrimp, they have little to no nutritional value.

i thought they were nutritious whithin 24 hrs of hatching because they still had yolks?

tedman is a winner. Those attached yolks are plenty good for the fish since they are virtually pure unsaturated fatty acid.

If you wait till the molt and soak them in selcon, you can also really boost the vitamin intake by brine.

Brandon should know this since we had this discussion less than a month ago... get well... your mind is going.

If anything it is fun to watch them run. I soaked mine in selcon and also fed them Roti Rich. I had great results.

Remember they should be fed within around 6 hours or they dump the yolk. You can put them in the fridge which will extend that to about 12 hours. If you plan on waiting, hit them with selcon after about 6 hours after hatching and let sit for about 6 additional hours. You can store in the fridge for another day or two.

Back