Brine shrimp

I occassionally put it with the mix of their fish food as a treat but not much.

I've been growing algae and rotifers and dosing a little everyday. My Cardinal is still carrying his babies, but I've started adding BS eggs to the green tanks and squirting them too. I'll hatch out bbs for the babies when he releases, but plan on growing out BS in the algae tanks. It's cool to actually be able to see with the necked eye what i'm growing.

i grow pods and chaeto.. and some phyto here and there.. never tried brine. i dont use it either

Bobz does, but he raises cardinals and possibly others... He has a fantastic setup, but just uses the soda bottle method, from what I saw. Must be effective.

jamescook;244403 wrote: I've been growing algae and rotifers and dosing a little everyday. My Cardinal is still carrying his babies, but I've started adding BS eggs to the green tanks and squirting them too. I'll hatch out bbs for the babies when he releases, but plan on growing out BS in the algae tanks. It's cool to actually be able to see with the necked eye what i'm growing.
I'm hatching BS for Bangaiis and feed the leftover to my reef's refugium. The feather dusters seem to really do well when I add it. Also have rots and phyto and keep a green water tank with enriched adult and newly hatched BBS which I feed a couple of times a week to my goby tank and to any fish I am QT and acclimating to make sure they are eating.

I've got to come check out your system Bob. I'll start my own Bangaii thread if any off the young ever make it to the urchins. I can't catch my pair from the display

bobz;244435 wrote: I'm hatching BS for Bangaiis and feed the leftover to my reef's refugium. The feather dusters seem to really do well when I add it. Also have rots and phyto and keep a green water tank with enriched adult and newly hatched BBS which I feed a couple of times a week to my goby tank and to any fish I am QT and acclimating to make sure they are eating.

Wow, I didnt even notice all that. But I probably wouldnt have known what i was looking at.

Someday when you have time, you should post in detail how your system works. Very impressive.

Back