Bringing corals on airplane?

xilez

Market
Reaction score
Heading to miami this week, planning to bring back some softies if I can make it by a shop....whats the best method to go about doing this? Should I bother with carry on? Or just put them in a thermos-type cooler in my checked baggage?

not 100% sure bout this but i know they wont allow more than a few ounces of liquid on the plane unless its checked so i doubt youll be able to take them as a carry on

I've done it both ways as a checked cooler and as a carry on. Personally, I preferred checking in a cooler that had copies of the receipts and a note stating the contents to work the best. Downside of that option is if the airline looses your luggage. But if you're flying delta, then you can track your luggage on the app which is pretty nice.

blind1993;1113922 wrote: I've done it both ways as a checked cooler and as a carry on. Personally, I preferred checking in a cooler that had copies of the receipts and a note stating the contents to work the best. Downside of that option is if the airline looses your luggage. But if you're flying delta, then you can track your luggage on the app which is pretty nice.

This is probably the route I will take. Ill grab one of those red igloo half gallon jugs, put the frag bags in their, seal it up and put it in my bag as checked.

Thanks all.

Consider getting some low temp heat packs. Im pretty sure the cargo of a plane is not a temp controlled environment

Back