Bristle Worm Question

ZapataInc

Supporting
Reaction score
So i was doing my nightly feeding and I noticed that my Yellow Watchman Goby wasnt out trying to get some food so i took a flashlight to try and look into the den that he shares with a pistol shrimp. I found the pistol shrimp in another den under a different rock structure but no goby. When i looked at the original den I see a bristle worm but dont know how large it is but it looks to be a good size. My question is could the bristle worm take out my goby?

There are many species of bristle worms, and I’m confident that some of them could possibly do so. Generally, healthy fish can usually easily escape the majority of bristleworms.

I think it’s less than likely he got hurt. Hopefully, morning will bring you good news.

So i was doing my nightly feeding and I noticed that my Yellow Watchman Goby wasnt out trying to get some food so i took a flashlight to try and look into the den that he shares with a pistol shrimp. I found the pistol shrimp in another den under a different rock structure but no goby. When i looked at the original den I see a bristle worm but dont know how large it is but it looks to be a good size. My question is could the bristle worm take out my goby?
Zap, hope to hear good news about your goby this morning! That is disheartening, I hope it’s ok

I can't tell you how many times I can't find my goby - consider him gone - then a week later he's all like "sup?" They're interesting creatures.

Good news everyone Freckles is good and alive!!!
Haha... like Shawn said, they’re prone to hiding and breaking routine sometimes.

I believe I even mentioned once before how mine disappeared for over a month once. Then suddenly reappeared as if nothing had happened.

Glad freckles is safe and healthy!

So do they get along?
Some people do have goby pairs as long as they are the same gobies. I cant say for certain that it will happen but i have seen it. Also i saw one tank that had a pair of pistol shrimps and a pair of gobies living together all in one den.

Some people do have goby pairs as long as they are the same gobies. I cant say for certain that it will happen but i have seen it. Also i saw one tank that had a pair of pistol shrimps and a pair of gobies living together all in one den.
He said he had bought a replacement then the one he thought he had lost showed up so I was wondering if his two were peacefully coexisting. I have read that, in general they are not nice to their own kind.

He said he had bought a replacement then the one he thought he had lost showed up so I was wondering if his two were peacefully coexisting. I have read that, in general they are not nice to their own kind.
That would be much more true for Blenny's. Watchman Goby's are about the most peaceful fish you can get. But other than hang out with the shrimp they don't do much, fun to watch the symbiosis but unless you really like them, one fish/shrimp pair is usually good for most people.

Back