Bristle worm traps are amazing

bcavalli

Market
Reaction score
The past few months Ive heard one of my pistol shrimp snapping all night long. Fortunately he resides in a cave at the bottom of my tank with a goby and I can see them under the tank. Finally I got around to investigating and discovered the reason why.

I got up under the tank during the night and discovered a nest of short (anywhere from 3" to 9") fat Bristleworms. Apparently every time one moved at night, the pistol shrimp snapped a piece off. Over the weekend, I went to work with the Bristleworms trap and caught 19 of those creepy critters. The original Bristleworms must have been huge. I know they are very beneficial in keeping live rock clean But, at some point they get too big and become predatory. Plus they creep me out.

I just wanted to share how great the trap works in catching unwanted worms. Here is a link to the trap and if anyone needs to borrow mine for any reason let me know.

prod_display.cfm

MYREEFCLUB0070;1056490 wrote: is it a special bait that comes with the trap or can you use any old fish guts?

It came with some odd looking bait. I tried using that bait after I bought it and didnt catch a single worm. This time around I put raw shrimp in and that seems to work really well.

Back