Bristle worm

myreefclub0070

Market
Reaction score
Ok I've got bristle worms.
Spent the day cleaning the tank and noticed 6 small ones under one rock, so I know there's got to be more.
I know a lot of reefers out there say that this is not a bad thing but I don't care for them too much and I also know I'll never get them all out.
Soooooo....which fish is the best bristle worm hunter/killer?
No, you don't understand, I mean the Arnold schwarzenegger of all bristle worm terminator!!!???
What's the poll opinion?

I have no bristle worms because I had a 6-line. Now the 6-line has passed and I wish I had bristle worms lol! My 6-line never bullied anyone but it was pretty young at ~2.5-3 when it died. Given their reputation I'm not sure I'd recommend one. But it did destroy bristle worms!

RedStang;935053 wrote: I have no bristle worms because I had a 6-line. Now the 6-line has passed and I wish I had bristle worms lol! My 6-line never bullied anyone but it was pretty young at ~2.5-3 when it died. Given their reputation I'm not sure I'd recommend one. But it did destroy bristle worms!

That's what I've been told, I might have to try a few of them just to find one that might be a little friendly with the other occupants.

Any reason you don't want them? I never see mine unless it's night.they are never out during the day for me.

indecloudzua;935065 wrote: Any reason you don't want them? I never see mine unless it's night.they are never out during the day for me.

No particular reason other than just not liking them.
I know the tank would be just fine with or with out them, so with out sounds better to me.
I also know that they get pretty big and I would not like to see a big one crawling around the tank.

I have a green wrasse in one tank and a yellow wrasse in another. I haven't seen bristle worms since

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Xparent Pink Tapatalk 2

My 6 line is a killer of most anything that crawls as long as its not too big .
I saw it this morning with a small brittle star fish in its mouth.
He is a model citizen I'd say 95% of the time.

Love thy worms. They provide a valuable service, eating leftovers and the occasional deceased creature.

If you have way too many of them, you're probably over-feeding. Their populations respond to the amount of available food (or waste).

If you still prefer to not have them, despite their usefulness, most wrasses, Orchid Dottybacks and Arrow Crabs will eat them (although some of the wrasses may also eat your clean up critters and Arrow Crabs will go after small fishes).

Jenn

Guess the senses is to live with them since I don't see them normally.
I do tend to over feed my fish, which cost me a few more water changes but I like to see the eat.
Thanks all for the helpful info., don't want to lose any fish or cleaners so I leave them alone for now and if it gets out of hand I'll get a wrasse from the temp service so I can let him go before 90 days...lol.

Back