Broken Skimmer Help!!!!

william1

Market
Reaction score
So I was moving some stuff around under my tank and knocked into my skimmer and broke where the output is for the skimmer. I will post some pics. The side of the skimmer broke on the cylinder. I can place the piece back in for a tight fit. I was wondering if it can be glued with some acrylic glue the good stuff. NOT SILICONE the pieces make a tight fit. So my skimmer is completely down and not working I dont want everything to get out of wack. I need it up and running like right know and dont have the extra cash to buy one.
cimg2179lw8.jpg
alt="" /></a>
cimg2181aj0.jpg
alt="" /></a>
cimg2180rj8.jpg
alt="" /></a>

I have a coral life super skimmer 65 body with out a pump its yours if you can find one hell you can come get it know

easy fix Will...weld-on 16. Go to calsak; it's close to your house. $10.

Where can I get the weld-on 16? Thanks victor I will let you know can get it from walmart</em>

Skriz;199557 wrote: easy fix Will...weld-on 16. Go to calsak; it's close to your house. $10.

Do you have an address I will be there first thing tomarrow.

<span style="font-family: Arial;">3105 Sweetwater Road, Suite J, Bldg 300. Lawrenceville, GA 30044</span>
<span style="font-family: Arial;">(877) 422-5725</span>
<span style="font-family: Arial;"> (770) 921-4550 </span>

Skriz;199564 wrote: <span style="font-family: Arial;">3105 Sweetwater Road, Suite J, Bldg 300. Lawrenceville, GA 30044</span>
<span style="font-family: Arial;">(877) 422-5725</span>
<span style="font-family: Arial;">(770) 921-4550 </span>
Thank Raj and everyone I will be heading out in the morrning yay.

You're welcome!

Tip-don't squeeze the tube, let the stuff ooze out. It'll make for a much cleaner repair.

Come to find out I had a small bubble algea stuck in by the venturi nozzle. Probly the cause of the skimmer working pourly go figure.

ya know will....this is the gods letting you know that its time for that skimmer upgrade you were looking for.

I know but its always at the wronge time LOL I really want the new skimmer and could have probly done it but there were some extra expences this month.

So I have my skimmer update. 8:00am I ran to the Calsac Co. for some Weld-On 16 the small bottle was $9.01 for everyones info. Got back home glued the piece back in place (not sqweezing the bottle just letting it drip out was more than enough) The glue drys pretty fast and sets quick.

About 3:00pm set the skimmer back in its spot and fired it up of coarse after a good cleaning. Everyone knows I have been looking into a new skimmer becuase my present skimmer was acting funny. I run a lifereef skimmer since I started and have loved it. But didnt seem to be doing its job lately. Well come to find out there was a bubble algea stuck in the venturi nozzle. Its back to its normal self again yay. That Calsac Co made me want to build a huge tank with all that plastic wow.

Cleaned it out and fired it up here are some pics of the first five minutes and 9 hrs later.

Calsac
<span style="font-family: Arial;">3105 Sweetwater Road, Suite J, Bldg 300. </span>
<span style="font-family: Arial;">Lawrenceville, GA 30044
(877) 422-5725</span>
<span style="font-family: Arial;">(770) 921-4550 </span>
<span style="font-family: Arial;">
cimg2209mi9.jpg
alt="" /></a>
cimg2212ok8.jpg
alt="" /></a>
cimg2215sf9.jpg
alt="" /></a>
cimg2216qd4.jpg
alt="" /></a>
cimg2217cv2.jpg
alt="" /></a>
</span>
<span style="font-family: Arial;"></span>

Oh man they had so much acrylic anything you wanted. I started thinking larger frag tank or possible new tank. My wife would have my jewels.

Back