Brown jelly stole my only love

louis

Market
Reaction score
Last night I took a look at my tank and noted to myself, "wow that duncan whisker looks incredible." In about 6 weeks the coral has doubled in size from 3 heads to 8 heads. Well this morning I woke up to some wonderful brown jelly encasing it with only 2.5 heads remaining. I took it out and got the jelly off and did a freshwater dip. I now have a depressing white stone left. I am now praying I don't wake up to the same thing with my acans and bubble coral, but I have a feeling I'm not going to be that lucky... I have prided myself on a perfect tank until this... Probably going to cry myself to sleep.... Anyway, sniffle, I am wondering are diseases such as this more common in smaller aquariums, mine is a 24g nano, or just as likely. The reason I ask, I am currently planning a 90+ gallon system and this is either going to fuel my project faster to completion or slow it down.

Sorry to hear about the loss. Here is a great article on "Brown Jelly", cause and maybe some prevention/treatments!

a>

thanks. It looks like I may have saved 3-4 heads. Hopefully, everything else will be ok but I have a suspicious feeling my bubble coral might get it. I think this may be due to a much needed change with my r/o di chamber media. Gonna do some tests and see, but nitrates, nitrites and ammonia all reading 0, but I figured they were fine. Oh well, I think I am going to get a bigger tank, I don't like how quickly smaller tanks react minor things and I need to come up with excuses to go into debt :)

Back