BRS 2 part question

mvm

Market
Reaction score
First off, thanks to Charlie and company who put this GB together. I have a question regarding the product in a small tank. If you add a significant amount, can it throw off your saliniy? How do you counterbalance this? Especially if I was to add the entire bottle of mag (20oz)at the end of the dose (I'm actually dosing mag every other day). Thoughts?

I dose the calcium and alkalinty every day, but only check for magnesium after I've gone through a jug each of the others and then adjust magnesium accordingly. This was according to the direction on their site.

Can anyone explain why they suggest to do it that way? Under the FAQ part of the site, they say it's OK to dose the Mag during the dosing of the alk and cal. If fact, they say most people prefer to do it this way.

My guess is, the preference is for anyone that sets up their dosing automatically. I do mine manually so it is just easier for me to wait until I've gone through jugs of the others and then dose mag. One of these days I'll break down and buy a dosing pump for at least the alk so I can spread out the dosing and keep my PH a little more consistent.

Hopefully the chemists in the group will speak up on the benefits of one over the other.

Back