BRS DIY reef chili

ZapataInc

Supporting
Reaction score
So I did a thing tonight...MVIMG_20200221_220651.jpgMVIMG_20200221_222429.jpg

It has tuna, shrimp, scallops, squid, freeze dried krill, freeze dried mysis, nori, Amino Omega from brightwell, and Selcon concentrate from American Marine Inc.

Anyone interested in getting a bag? Each bag has about a cup and a half worth of food. I have four that I can let go.

Interested, what's the weight and cost and how big are the largest pieces?
I don't have anything to weigh it. But guessing It was about 5lbs of ingredients into 7 bags. So roughly around 10-11 oz each bag. I was thinking $10. I used the cheese grater option on my food processor. So about the size of shredded cheese. :oops: Again just guessing. But I did see some chunks that are bigger than that just bc it didn't get grated that fine.

When I was mixing it together it did remind me of LRS fish frezy size pieces. I'll shoot a video tomorrow when I feed it to my tank.

I'll take one, unfortunately im not going to be able to attend the meeting but we'll work something out for pick up.

This looks great! I debated whether to do the large batch recipe, looks like it was a success for yall!

I use frozen seafood from Aldi. They have a seafood mix that has squid, scallops, mussels, and shrimp, bag was like $5. They also have sushi-grade tuna steaks for ~$6.

Generally get a small cube size of each ingredient, chop it fine and add to it some mysis, krill, blackworms, a pinch of hikari algae pellets. Then some small scoops of copepod powder, paracoccus, rotifers, and dried phyto. Selcon, Brightwell amino, and Kent garlic are my liquids.

Every week I make a small batch. Sure, it’s a pain in the ass, but I love doing it just so wifey rolls her eyes at me and claims I’m spoiling my fish... while she snuggles her little bougie designer dog and feeds her table scraps from a spoon.

I'm just not certain if any of this will go bad before I use it all, though. The flat packs just seem difficult to use for me.

This looks great! I debated whether to do the large batch recipe, looks like it was a success for yall!

I use frozen seafood from Aldi. They have a seafood mix that has squid, scallops, mussels, and shrimp, bag was like $5. They also have sushi-grade tuna steaks for ~$6.

Generally get a small cube size of each ingredient, chop it fine and add to it some mysis, krill, blackworms, a pinch of hikari algae pellets. Then some small scoops of copepod powder, paracoccus, rotifers, and dried phyto. Selcon, Brightwell amino, and Kent garlic are my liquids.

Every week I make a small batch. Sure, it’s a pain in the ass, but I love doing it just so wifey rolls her eyes at me and claims I’m spoiling my fish... while she snuggles her little bougie designer dog and feeds her table scraps from a spoon.

I'm just not certain if any of this will go bad before I use it all, though. The flat packs just seem difficult to use for me.
I like the flat pack bc it's easy to break off pieces when I feed. I thought about doing the seafood medley mix bc I really didn't want the mussels. I would eat that mix myself. Lol

• Haha
Reactions: bzb
Just pick out the mussels and some of the scallops and make you a nice meal with some pasta. Win win.

Is there a reason you're not wanting to use mussels? My fish absolutely love them...

Just pick out the mussels and some of the scallops and make you a nice meal with some pasta. Win win.

Is there a reason you're not wanting to use mussels? My fish absolutely love them...
no reason...lol just wasnt part of the BRS video. ;)

Back