BRS RO/DI system... good buy?

maestro

Market
Reaction score
I'm working on a 57g build and I think mixing my own water and salt is more economical than buying it premixed, so I'm looking into a RO/DI system. I shttp://www.bulkreefsupply.com/store/75-gpd-ro-di-5-stage-plus-system.html">aw one at BRS that looks pretty good</a>....
Does anyone have experience with this unit?
Are there others I should consider?
What else will i need, beside salt, to start making my own water?

Thanks in advance

I have it and am very happy with it. It has never leaked (knock on wood) and was simple to install. Comes with everything you could need! All yo will need is this, some salt, a small heater, and a powerhead to circulate the water. Very easy. Like you I bought mine water for a while, but in the long run this is much cheaper and always there when you need it!

I have the same unit (except I have dual DI housings) and I'm very pleased with it. I highly recommend BRS!

Really, most of the retailers are selling the exact same products with RO/DI units...just find a retailer you are comfortable with, has reasonable shipping if you're buying online, and has good customer support should something go wrong.

I can't believe you've got your tank as far as you have without one....you'll have to start lifting weights now that you won't be carrying jugs! :thumbs:

Back