BRS two part v/s Kent AB

scubatim

Market
Reaction score
What is the difference between using BRS two part and Kent A&B? Is one better that the othe?

I use to use Kent a few years back. When I started back in the hobby this time I went to brs 2 part. I found it easier to maintain my levels using their calculator and my tanks have done the best I have ever had. Just my experience

I used B-Ionic for years, switched to BRS a couple years back, and now I just make my own. I recently tried Prestone driveway de-icer for my Cal, and it is super potent. It's all the same stuff. Just different concentrations.

Declanisadog;1021387 wrote: I used B-Ionic for years, switched to BRS a couple years back, and now I just make my own. I recently tried Prestone driveway de-icer for my Cal, and it is super potent. It's all the same stuff. Just different concentrations.
I wonder what the purity level is. I remember seeing someone saying BRS supplements are pharmaceutical grade whereas deicer could have impurities that could harm your system

Randy Holmes-Farley:
"Turns out that bulk chemicals are made on a huge scale, and many times higher grades just reflect more testing criteria for release, but not that the other grades are any worse.

After talking to some folks in the industry, we determined that Peladow was essentially partly dehydrated Dowflake, and also that at the time Prestone Driveway heat was repackaged Peladow. So we figured it would be similarly useful, but with a warning to start slowly and watch the tank for any adverse events."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back