Bta and clowns..

dylan ringwood

Market
Reaction score
Ok I bought 2 clowns different kinds (phantom and black ice) the Phantom has taken to my bta like no other it's adorable. . But.. now pepper (black ice) is interested and she is the bigger one is becoming interested and Gerrard (phantom) is very protective over it and they seem to squabble over it. Will this change over time or an ongoing event? I've had them for about a month and added at same time. Thanks for the help.

Dylan Ringwood;1026819 wrote: Ok I bought 2 clowns different kinds (phantom and black ice) the Phantom has taken to my bta like no other it's adorable. . But.. now pepper (black ice) is interested and she is the bigger one is becoming interested and Gerrard (phantom) is very protective over it and they seem to squabble over it. Will this change over time or an ongoing event? I've had them for about a month and added at same time. Thanks for the help.
fcecfeb94fa837281bf8ba75d7df97d1.jpg
alt="" /> here is a pic. And fyi they are not kissing pepper has Gerrard nose in her mouth. Sorry girlfriend gave them names so its how I classify them. (Sidebar best way to keep them interested in the hobby 😃👍)

When 2 clowns are together for a period of time, one eventually becomes the female, gets bigger and more dominant. This bickering is common. Most times it eventually works out and you end up with a breeding pair. Sometimes, the bickering doesn't stop and you end up having to replace the male(because she kills him). Hopefully, that won't be the case for you.

Yeah I new about that just didn't really know where the line is drawn of if it's to much or to long

my original clown beat the crap out of my newest one for a week or so, but all is well after that. If the battered husband is still eating I'd ride it out.

My first pair fought for a month. Finally he (little guy) gave up and they lived happily ever after.

Back