BTA flow question -- what makes them happy?

soarin'

Market
Reaction score
I have a GBTA that split (when a rock it was partially attached to fell, so it turned into two rather small BTA's).

The question is how much flow should I give the tank to make the nems happy.

They seem to love it when there is no flow in the tank, and come up high in the tank and in full view. I have been using a Koralia 3 in the tank along with the Hydro return pump, and when the flow turns on they run back into hiding.

They are hard to feed when they are low in the tank, and I don't want them to waste away, so I turned off the Koralia 3 and have just the return pump running now.

What are your experiences with BTA's and flow? I need some flow in the tank, and would love to have enough to keep some monti cap when I get another colony for the tank, but I also want the nems to feel comfortable enough to come out in the open so I can feed them.

In my experience you cant make these things happy. Congrats on the split. Mine just split last night. My nem', before the split, has always moved toward the extremely strong current and out of the light. He has not stopped moving since I got him about 2 and a half months ago. I quess all there is to do is just let him find a place where he is happy. I have heard that if you move them, and feed them immediately that they will think this spot is good for catching food, however I would not recommend moving one as it is dangerous for them. Good luck!!!!!!

Back