BTA help

mockery

Market
Reaction score
ok so i have had this BTA for what i think is about 2 months. Over the weekend i took if off my rock work cause where it was was not a good place for him. And saturday night when i took him off i took a ziplock container with some holes in and put him in there. Was looking untill yesterday. As far as i can tell he has not eaten any of the food i have given him. Here is what i wondering? Could i dose it with garlic to get him to eat. What are some other ideas i could try cause i really want him to live!

Take him out of the ziplock container (his is probably not getting enough flow and it is stressing him out) and let it roam. Anemones will find the best place for them, or they will move, they really do know what is good for them.

My BTA split into two daughters a couple of weeks ago. One of them has selected a spot and the other can't make his mind up. It's normal I am told.

What are you feeding him? Mine wouldn't eat until I got silversides. Then it became a fatty.

I was trying pellets, mysis, and brine.

so i think it is dead :sad: cause i put a small piece of silverside on it 30 min ago i nothing has happened.:unsure: The last thing before i get rid of it is i set a small rock in the container and if it moves then i'm in luck.

is letting him out really going to make a different? Cause when i put him in the first time it was only 3 day till i could not see it at all! And i don't want to let it out and that happen again.

its normal for him to go into hideing let it be it probably need to acclimate himself

ok here is one pic. i'll post some more tomorrow when the MH's are on. and the white thing i a piece of silverside

This is the one i took just now
DSC00762.jpg
>PIC</a>

This is one i had from sunday
DSC00754.jpg
>PIC</a>

So he looks alot different i just don; know.

PS. having trouble with the image up loader that is why they are hyperlinked

It not dead till it dead. It may come back. Leave it and see if it move elsewhere.

They will around from time to time. There nothing you can do to stop them.

here is what you do to see if it is dead:

1. take it out of container
2. wait

that's it

if it's alive it will turn up somewhere healthy

if it's dead... send flowers...

True. And no need to feed it. They can live without food, from what I've read. So just let it roam. It will come out eventually. Assuming it's alive.

I have intised an anemone before by using silverside juices:) just poor some in the water he will relize what it is asuming he is not dead. But I would wait till he moves then try it.

That is the thing i have not seen it move on its own since sunday/mondayish. And this mourning i could not see any tentacles. Unlike yesterday it had small ones. If it is dead could the anmonia kill everything in the tank?

i'd test the water everyday. inverts tend to foul the water rather quickly and thus, you should see increased levels of ammonia and nitrate.

if you see your water quality denigrating, it would note that you have something dead in your tank.

polyp extension is never a sign of a coral's health.

So got home from school earlier and the BTA looked like a ball of goo and smelled horrible. So i took him out and like Harleyguy said
Harleyguy;150967 wrote: RIP little buddy...

Back