BUBBLE ALGAE

ZapataInc

Supporting
Reaction score
So this is a first for me. It seems that I have a little bit of bubble algae popping up on a frag. What do I need to do?

If its just on the frag i would take it out and carefully brush off the bubbles algae. Rinse in some clean saltwater and return it to the tank. I get it every now and then in my bio cube. I just make sure to clean it off and never had any major problems with it

So this is a first for me. It seems that I have a little bit of bubble algae popping up on a frag. What do I need to do?

If it’s only on the frag take out of tank and scrape off and put it back in the tank. If you can’t take out turn off all flow such as power heads and return pump and scrape off with a water change hose and remove the water from the tank that comes with it. Add a few emerald crabs to the tank as some of them like to eat bubble algae

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I get a few pieces here or there once in a while. I pluck it out with long tweezers. I dont panic if I burst a bubble as I have seen emerald crabs eat it and they bust them up too. I have never had it take over.

Back