Bubble algae

drirod

Reaction score
Hi everyone . I know is not the best picture but do you guys think this is bubble algae. Is on the base of my duncan coral. When I look online it looks very similar but wanted your opinion.
IMG_0098.jpg

Yes that's bubble algae. I had a few pop up but I have a yellow tang that ate it up. Emerald crabs are known to eat it as well.

What are you water parameters? Are you running a refugium?

Yes that's bubble algae. I had a few pop up but I have a yellow tang that ate it up. Emerald crabs are known to eat it as well.

What are you water parameters? Are you running a refugium?

I checked my parameters yesterday and everything looked good. I’m going to check them in the morning again and report back. Yes, i have a small refugium and cheato is growing like crazy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is that still on a frag plug that you can take out of the water? If so while it's out you can scrape it off.

Is that still on a frag plug that you can take out of the water? If so while it's out you can scrape it off.

Thanks, yes it is on a plug. I’m doing a water change tomorrow so I can scrape it in the dirty water.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds like a plan. I always have a bubble or two pop up in all of my tanks ever once in a while and I usually just pop it and suck it up when I'm doing a water change. I've read that you shouldn't pop them in the tank (something a out spreading spores?) but I do it all the time and its' never been an issue. Plus, when emerald crabs go after it they pop it before eating and they're usually a good solution for the problem.

Back