Bubble algae

David D

Supporting
Reaction score
Hello everyone...starting to see bubble algae in my tank and have been reading that emerald crabs are the best to get to get rid of. Also been reading that they may start going after corals. I have soft and LPS in my tank along with 1 damsel and 2 clowns. Has anyone had any experience with this?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I have emeralds in all of my tanks and they have never bothered any of my corals. zoas,sps,lps and shrooms.

They can bother or stress lps when picking algae off. Also, when they get bigger, you need to make sure they are well fed so they don’t develop a taste for lps. Or you can just more them to the sump.

A product called Vibrant could become your best friend. I had a terrible outbreak of bubble algae and after around 4/6 weeks of Vibrant use it’s all gone and nothing left. I’d recommend you pick some up, rather than going with emerald crabs.

Emeralds are the "guys" on steroids in the tank..lol. great at what they do but not gentle. Corals get tipped in a rage I guess but they don't eat them.. they are just bruisers. Great additions

emerald crabs - they mostly controlled it

my foxface eliminated it from everything. He would literally bumrush my hand if I was putting a rock with bubble algae in the tank.

Vibvrant - never even slowed down the bubble algae for me - use natural predators any time it's an option IMO

Emerald crabs.. but when they pop it, it will release the spores, so you could eradicate it with crabs + UV sterilizer

emerald crabs - they mostly controlled it

my foxface eliminated it from everything. He would literally bumrush my hand if I was putting a rock with bubble algae in the tank.

Vibvrant - never even slowed down the bubble algae for me - use natural predators any time it's an option IMO
100% agree. Chemicals don't fix the issue they mask it.

Go natural anytime you can, foxface are essential to a tank large enough for one, I won't run a tank without them, they just graze all day long.

Emerald will help, but won't eradicate from my experiences.

I consider Vibrant a miracle in a bottle. Just check out the video that BRSTV did on the product, the results are nothing short of amazing to say the least.

Back