bubble algae

rdrink25

Market
Reaction score
What is everything that will eat it? I am starting to get a big problem and cant seem to get it under control?

You'll first want to start fixing the nutrient problem but besides that some emerald crabs will eat them and I know a lot of foxfaces will too.

If the crabs pop the larger ones they can release spores and spread. Downside to a Foxface is they get huge in a hurry so not really an option in a smaller tank. I've heard the smaller bubbles aren't mature enough to release spores so try to get them soon. Don't pop or try to remove them in tank unless you have a siphon ready.

My foxface is a bubble algae eating king, my first pick for BA control and if you have a foxface, don't feed your fish for a few days, he will go to work on it.

As with every single species, inclination to eat pest algae is variable. Emerald crabs do have a higher disposition than most.

Some Tangs will eat bubble algae as well. I have a Desjardini that likes it.

I have a few emeralds in the tank but seem to be too small. I dont want to get huge ones but what else is there too do?

I have tested the water and it is clean. No Phos.

ANECDOTAL EVIDENCE WARNING:

It is my experience that you just don't beat bubble algae. I have so little of it that I rarely see it, but occasionally a piece of rubble will break off and i'll see a tiny bubble or two. Best case scenario is that the biological control methods employed keep the infestation to such a low level that you never see it.

Back