Bubble algea help

rdrink25

Market
Reaction score
I have an issue I can not get under control. If anyoe is wiling to come out to help I will throw some $ and frags thier way? Im in Covington and home after 6ish. Email me at
a>.

Hopefully someone will be able to stop by that lives close to you. Even if I lived close to you I couldn't, can't drive for another seven weeks! Foot surgery again, the right foot this time!
I'll try to help you from here if you tell me about your tank, feeding schedule, cleanup crew, parameters etc. What have you tried, pics... Sounds like a lot of work, sorry!

Can you give more details? How much algae? Where is it located? Challenges?

It's difficut to eradicate, altogether, but it can definitely be reduced and controlled.

Im close , but idk how to help you , I have a few spots in my fuge from the lighting there , otherwise I have never had it infest my displays , if you pop it in the water it releases spors that travel all over so I've always removed the frag or rock and removed it with a razor blade then rinse and return but I always catch it at 1 or 2 bubbles.
You can get some tubing and get a siphon running and suck them out but its easier said than done if your tank is deep your back will be done before you will
Emerald crabs are supposed to eat it but I don't know for certain.
If you have an idea on how to tackle it I could try to help you

Emerald crabs love it, they will ignore everything else to get at it. 3 of them cleaned my 210 of all traces.

Word of warning on emerald crabs just bought 2 to deal with bubble algea. I have other macro algea in the tank but each one went straight for 2 different sps corals in my tank and had to be pulled. There was all sorts of stuff for them to eat so watch them the 1st couple of evenings if you put them in your tank.

LocalPref;1024480 wrote: Word of warning on emerald crabs just bought 2 to deal with bubble algea. I have other macro algea in the tank but each one went straight for 2 different sps corals in my tank and had to be pulled. There was all sorts of stuff for them to eat so watch them the 1st couple of evenings if you put them in your tank.

+1. I have had a couple very bad experiences with emeralds. They killed a couple of acans I spent way too much money on a few years back.

I had mixed experiences with emerald crabs as well. Some will go after bubble algae, some won't, but when they do they are very effective.

I try to get them when I do a water change. If you continue to get more each change then eventually you will get on top of it. Good set of tweezers will pull any remaining skin.

It is embedded in my sand. I am affraid to stir it up but the only way to get rid of it is vaccum it up?

IMG_3761_zpsziqr4nn8.jpg
alt="" />

I actually had some on a chalice frag and was able to gently pull it off. Idk if that would work. But when I touched it I was surprised how tough it actual felt. Just my experience.

Back