Bubble eye?

y-not

Market
Reaction score
Okay...
I've got a Red Sea Max, 250 (66 gallon) with the normal set up of stuff.

Water parameters have all been rock steady for the past several months.

Today my son notices a small bubble on the eye area of one of my clowns.
I've had all the fish that are in the tank in there for well over a year.
Not a single problem with any of them.

In fact, the only one I had an issue with was one of the first clowns that we got. It died within 24 hours of adding it to the tank.
We replaced it right away and have had it and it's mate ever since.

I'd take a photo but it's getting late and I'm not sure that he'll sit still for a photo unless I'm trying to take photo of something else. Then he'll photo bomb and I'll get a good close up of him.

Any possible ideas what this could be and how to address it?

I read something on it a while ago but all I remember is that it could be trauma or infection. If it was caused by trauma it should heal on its own. If it is an infection maybe try some metronidazole.
I would keep an eye on it and check to see if other fish are picking on it.

So far, it's not gotten any worst and nobody else is screwing with him.
Still keeping an eye on the eye. ;)

feed a mixture of metro and focus mixed in the food, add garlic juice to hide the taste. my yellow tang had a popeye and I fed him a week like this , he is recovered well, thanks to Jenn who knows fish

reefstinger;976230 wrote: feed a mixture of metro and focus mixed in the food, add garlic juice to hide the taste. My yellow tang had a popeye and i fed him a week like this , he is recovered well, thanks to jenn who knows fish

+1

I know ya'll have been staying awake every night, worrying about my poor clown's eye.
No worries needed.

It's all better now and there's no clue that it ever happened.

I guess he just bumped into something and had a slight boo-boo.

So it went away on its own or did you give it the above posted meds in food? Actually I was wondering if it got better...

Camellia;987067 wrote: So it went away on its own or did you give it the above posted meds in food? Actually I was wondering if it got better...

All by its self. I did nothing extra.

Back