Bubble tip loosing bubble

tngyen813

Market
Reaction score
Had great round bubbles when I got it from D3r3K, but sadly its slowly loosing it. What do I do? Too much flow? low light?

It very well is too much flow. We had one (11 inches across)that had very few bubbles, after he moved on it's own to a less flow area it had big bubbles on all it tentacles.

LMDetail;1023779 wrote: It very well is too much flow. We had one (11 inches across)that had very few bubbles, after he moved on it's own to a less flow area it had big bubbles on all it tentacles.
my bubbles do the opposite low flow they go long tenticles and in high flow they bubble up.but there is one right beside the bubbled thats long.
no one knows why bubble anemones bubble or dont.

Nobody really knows why some bubble, some don't, or they switch from bubbled to not or vice versa. If it's not content where it is, it will move. As long as it has access to sufficient light, flow and food, it will be fine.

Jenn

One of mine sits just off to the side of my jebao and is buffeted by it and it bubbles up. When I first placed my BTA in my aquarium it exhibited longer tentacles but then over a couple months it bubbled. I don't know why since I did nothing different. One is now three and they all bubble. Just give it time.

All 8 of mine bubbled up after I changed tanks. I have no idea why. Both were under LED's (different brand) and both tanks had high flow. In my 60 with my AI vega, they didn't bubble but in my 90 with ReefBreeders LED's they all bubbled up nicely. I have 4 vortech pumps in my 90 to move water so there's no 1 spot in the tank that doesn't have good flow moving.

I've had the same 2 bubble tip anemone bubble up and stretch out under different conditions and in different tanks , I can't say for certain what causes the change , it seems to just be what suits them , but I noticed more so that its seems affected by light more than flow , much like mushrooms they stretch to expose more of themselves and in my higher light tank they bubble up , but like I said they do both at times under both conditions .
I use led's on both tanks

Back