Bubble tip questions

MiniQuaid

Supporting
Reaction score
Hey everyone so I’ve had this bubble tip in my tank for about 3 weeks now and he found a spot and is staying there but it seems to kind of stay small and not extend during the day, at night it seems to open up a lot more. Is this normal or does anyone know why?
753d4ad56dead83aecf51e5c6d5ecb54.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They seem pretty random sometimes. Mine doesn't bubble at all but extends like crazy during the day. It's growing too fast and I'll probably be selling it soon before it starts stinging things I actually care about lol

I was looking up on reef2reef.com nobody can tell why they do what they do. From staying small to no bubble tip or very little bubble.

Mind stayed seemingly unhappy for months, actually split so I had 2 small ones that stayed pale and barely extended for about 6 months and all of a sudden started coloring up and bubbling up to this over a one month period. Not sure what made the difference, but I had stopped target feeding, and I added T5 supplement lighting to the LEDs.20190917_144553.jpg

Hey everyone so I’ve had this bubble tip in my tank for about 3 weeks now and he found a spot and is staying there but it seems to kind of stay small and not extend during the day, at night it seems to open up a lot more. Is this normal or does anyone know why?
753d4ad56dead83aecf51e5c6d5ecb54.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It looks bleached... as in it may have already expelled all its zoox. There may be some left but its hard to tell from the pic. If it has expelled all its zoox then its normal to not extend at all during the day and it will extend more so at night when it might catch something to feed on. If it'll take food you can reintroduce the zoox to the nem by feeding it a tentacle from a healthy nem. Sometimes they can catch some zoox from another coral that has expelled some but its a lot more successful if you do it yourself. I've done it before for bleached nems and then they recover quite nicely. If you don't have a healthy nem to harvest a tentacle from you are welcome to swing by and I'll give you one.

It looks bleached... as in it may have already expelled all its zoox. There may be some left but its hard to tell from the pic. If it has expelled all its zoox then its normal to not extend at all during the day and it will extend more so at night when it might catch something to feed on. If it'll take food you can reintroduce the zoox to the nem by feeding it a tentacle from a healthy nem. Sometimes they can catch some zoox from another coral that has expelled some but its a lot more successful if you do it yourself. I've done it before for bleached nems and then they recover quite nicely. If you don't have a healthy nem to harvest a tentacle from you are welcome to swing by and I'll give you one.

Wow I've never heard about reintroducing zoox from a healthy nem tentacle. That's the coolest thing I've heard all day!

Back