Bubble trap for overflow

joseayes

Market
Reaction score
My tank has a single hole for overflown, so no dursos nor reef ready overflow, just this single 1inch bulkhead on the back that transport a lot of bubbles through the hose. I had installed at my sump an Eshopps sock holder, but I'm unable to removed the socks like I was doing every other day since they really traps a lot of stuff, (and I don't want to keep detritus traped for long time on sock) that's way i chose to replace it and make this kinda bubble trap, trying to catch splash, drain noise and salt spray. I'm limited with funds right now otherwise I should chose another tank reef ready or better yet... another big tank :yes: (just an excuse to go bigger again :} )
two 1 inch elbows, bulkhead from sock-holder, rubbermaid half gallon container $6.00

abyquva8.jpg
alt="" />
eru3ejuh.jpg
alt="" />

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

increase drain size an add a "y" at the top an add an air inlet and have the drain stop around 1" under the surface of the sump water level. i took out the small tube in the tank i had problems with and looped the external air inlet back to the tank just encase for it to turn into full siphon if level. it's almost silent now

Love it... I keep all kinds of plastic containers that never sure what I may use them for but i love it when a problem can be fixed without having to spend more money

eagle9252;824753 wrote: increase drain size an add a "y" at the top an add an air inlet and have the drain stop around 1" under the surface of the sump water level. i took out the small tube in the tank i had problems with and looped the external air inlet back to the tank just encase for it to turn into full siphon if level. it's almost silent now

Will do! Thanks for suggestion! It's gonna be like just a part of the durso overflown with valve on top of "Y" for regulate the air I guess :huh: I will check on your built thread to see it more in detail. Thanks!
BTW thanks for the IO salt bucket that I got from you while ago really cheap!!!

Edit:
SuperClown;824754 wrote: Love it... I keep all kinds of plastic containers that never sure what I may use them for but i love it when a problem can be fixed without having to spend more money

I couldn't have the chance to get some acrylic and do it more pro, and I don't know if that material could leach some detritus too, but oh well, just solve the noise and splash in no time, now I will keep up on WC since I have no more sock on drain, thanks for your opinion!!!

Back