Bubble Trouble. Please HELP

ga-peaches72

Market
Reaction score
I just got a bubble Sunday. He has found his spot and his clown is happy in him. But when I got home today his mouth was open and pushed outward. So I thought he might be hungry so I tried to feed it. No good, it would not eat. But it did close its mouth. The clown even picked up the piece of shrimp and tried to feed it to him. But now it looks like it is trying to give a kiss and there is some thing comming out of it. It kind of looks like smoke signals. Does anyone have any ideas what I can do for him?

The BTA could be expelling waste. Anemones only have 1 opening for their digestive tract. If he is still this way after a full day, then I would worry about it. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,
Tim

tim8111;143859 wrote: The BTA could be expelling waste. Anemones only have 1 opening for their digestive tract. If he is still this way after a full day, then I would worry about it. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,
Tim
does that happen with open brain corals? mine does that whenever i feed it microvert.

sorry for hijacking.

Should his tenicals be sticky like the carpets? He is not. I did not notice this yesterday. He has closed up and the clown is not inside it looks as though he has died. Is this normal?

Please help he looks so bad.:sad:
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
143896=9004-2-26-08 004.jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg
>
143896=9004-2-26-08 004.jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg
class="gc-images" title="2-26-08 004.jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

well just from looking at this pic I would say he is expelling waste and possibly a bit stressed. It is a bit hard to tell still but overall I think its fine...im sure others will chime in. Bubbles do not always stay fully inflated and can often have stringy like tenticles. The color on that BTA is great signs of good health overall.

blind1993;143875 wrote: does that happen with open brain corals? mine does that whenever i feed it microvert.

sorry for hijacking.

They also only have one opening so they have to excrete waste from their mouths. Nasty heh?

Are you sure it is not tentacles coming out when you feed it?

GA-PEACHES72;143896 wrote: Please help he looks so bad.:sad:

From the picture it looks normal. It is exchanging the water it keeps internally. I have seen 10" anemones shrink into 3" balls before. It is actually a sign of health if they exchange their water every 24 to 48 hours. I think it is fine, but that is an assumption with out physically seeing it in person.

Yes I agree the color is good on the anemone as well.

Thanks,
Tim

Thanks for the info. I will let you all know how he is doing tomorrow. he should be back to the fluffy self tomorrow right? Thanks again.

Tim the tourch I got form you at the meeting is doing good and all the snails made short work of all the green alge in the tank. So thank you.

GA-PEACHES72;143914 wrote: Thanks for the info. I will let you all know how he is doing tomorrow. he should be back to the fluffy self tomorrow right? Thanks again.

Should yes, the longest I have seen a healthy anemone shrivel for is just about 6 hours before they started plumping back up. But it can take longer I suppose.

GA-PEACHES72;143927 wrote: Tim the tourch I got form you at the meeting is doing good and all the snails made short work of all the green alge in the tank. So thank you.

I am glad, please let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks,
Tim

mine did the same thing, and it fluffed back up by the next day :) I was stressed about it too, but it all worked out :)

nova65chic;143940 wrote: mine did the same thing, and it fluffed back up by the next day :) I was stressed about it too, but it all worked out :)

Not to highjack but the transparent cave goby is the one you got from me? I wish I could have named it that. :D

Ya I agree he looks OK. Was expelling waste or possibly spawning. The base looks healthy and nicely attached. If it doesn't perc up wihin a couple days then I'd start to worry!

tim8111;143951 wrote: Not to highjack but the transparent cave goby is the one you got from me? I wish I could have named it that. :D

yup! that is his actual name too :) i looked it up. he is doing an awesome job of makeing caves all under the rock work and moving sand around :)

He looks like he feels much better. But I dont think he is sticky yet. The food just rolls off of him. The clown keeps trying to feed him but he does not eat. Maybe tomorrow.
But now every one in the tank has ick. :yuk: My poor little Trigger he is covered in white spots.:sad: So now I have started treating all of them.
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
144517=9019-2-27-08.jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg
>
144517=9019-2-27-08.jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg
class="gc-images" title="2-27-08.jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

Back