Build or Buy

sagent3000

Market
Reaction score
okay as most of you know i am planning my next tank. i have a decision to make. as far as the sump goes should i build it or have it built. eplastics.com has 3/8" sheet that will make for one sheet that i have to buy for $455 adn they will make all the cuts i need for $50 more. MRC says they can do the whole thing in 1/2" for $700.

which should i do?

okay thats what i will do. i was thinking about building my own skimmer or should i go with the ASM G4 and mod it to add two more holes for sedra 5000?

if your doing an acrylic sump, i urge you to talk to woody at precision acrylics in canton. Prob IMO a cheaper price and good quality/

I say to just build it. It's more rewarding and the hard part is correclty cutting the acrylic which they're doing for you. Gluing it together with weld-on is the fun part :).

dawgdude;191491 wrote: A skimmer is not nearly as risky because its not holding a HUGE volume of water and with that a few hundred lbs of weight. Im going to build a skimmer as well soon. I am going to hopefully do it euro reef style.

where are you getting your tubes from and what size are you getting?

if you don't mind me picking your brain

where are you getting your flange from and what about the bottom part to keep the water in?

this one was good reading
a>

Back