building a fish room

brian carter

Market
Reaction score
hi i plan to build a fish room in the next month or so currentlyu i plan for it to be a 30 x 50 kuanza hut stile building with sprayed insolation on the inside and other ideas that you suggest?

A/C and heat will be a must regardless of insulation - if this is an outdoor fish room...

windows are a double edge sword... they leak like a sieve (thermally) in the winter and act like a magnifying glass in the summer (your chiller will be on almost all the time, because the temp in the hut will be just as, if not hotter than the outside...

Plan to move the 3 ton off the house to the fish room and replace the one onthe house with a 5 ton so it will have heat and ac. But probley no windows going to isolate about 1 inch or so with the spray foam. And 30 feet by 50 feet it will have one rollup door and two normal doors one on side and other nest to rollup door

30'X50' ??

that's not a fish room.. that's a fish store..

I'd go with at least 3" of spray foam insulation.. good luck with the build..

i will check on it a little more from another isol guy he said 1/2 would be ok and i know a dude that has 4 for his meat cooler but i will get the most i can get for the $ budget is around 20,000 or so that is concret and building plus insol found building for around 12,000

Hey Brian, I've still got the 140gal breeders if you still need some

maybe here sortly i have set up a aquaponics on the koi outside this week and going to see how it does it it does well I'LL NEED SOME MORE CONTAINERS FOR THE PLANTS.

This is going to be interesting......look forward to the build.....I would put a floor drain in!

+1 on what myVWrock said: do a ceramic tile floor with a slight slope to a drain. It's very nice not to have to worry about spills or leaks.

-Phil

Back