Building a stand/canopy question

ericmcj31

Market
Reaction score
I'm contemplating building/having a stand built for my 135; I've never really been impressed with the one I've got, and it needs to be a littel taller, etc.--my question is-How would I get the old stand out and the new stand in place? Without any MAJOR catastrophes?? Or would I just basically have to empty everything into big rubbermaid cans or buckets and take the tank off, then put the new tank in?? Anyone have any pics. of a similar stand being built?? $$$ doesn't really matter b/c either myself or a friend will be doing it (for free labor)-and materials wouldn't be too much I wouldn't think--

your gonna have to empty your tank and switch-er-roo! unless you want to risk a stress fracture in your tank.

You could drain most of it, get a few guys together then start moving it around. Don't set it down though. Best to move it between stands until you get the new stand into place.

saltwater junky;133848 wrote: if you need a hand i have all the tools we will need, just let me know.

thanks-I'll let you know--it'll be an ongoing project (something in my spare time)

oh, ok--I haven't got anything in mind--just something really nice!

The best way to do is to drain half or more of the tank, leave everything in it and lift! Move it onto the new stand and fill it with the H2O you just took out.

Skriz;133986 wrote: The best way to do is to drain half or more of the tank, leave everything in it and lift! Move it onto the new stand and fill it with the H2O you just took out.

it won't break?? or crack??I mean I can drain it down to the sand-but didn't know if it would hold up-?

Ill get in that build...its a blast! Tools in hand ready to cut :)

Back