Building a stand

johniii

Market
Reaction score
Just wondering if this is good for 190 gallons.
http://www.fishandtips.com/step1/step1.php?Length=60&Width=24&Height=30&StandHeight=36&Step1=&Step2=checked&Step3=&Key=&add1=">http://www.fishandtips.com/step1/step1.php?Length=60&Width=24&Height=30&StandHeight=36&Step1=&Step2=checked&Step3=&Key=&add1=</a>

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

You could get away with 2x4 and be just as secure. Heck, my 180 is on a stand built entirely out of 3/4 ply.

4x4 's are not a stable choice. buy 3 sheets of birch plywood and drive up to Dallas and I will help you

grouper therapy;756495 wrote: 4x4 's are not a stable choice. buy 3 sheets of birch plywood and drive up to Dallas and I will help you

x 1 million...

4x4's are absolutely terrible for tank stand construction and ridiculous overkill. They bend/warp/twist and change way too much IMHO.

grouper therapy;756495 wrote: 4x4 's are not a stable choice. buy 3 sheets of birch plywood and drive up to Dallas and I will help you

Now that is some advice I would take. :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

There is a great thread on RC that helped me alot!

Also, ditto on no 4x4...

Might take you up on this. I have a few other things going on. Only in the planning stages. I will be in contact.

you could alsway over build it like mine. wife called it a redneck deck. i told it is was for the shoe show.... then the finger puppets came out again!!!

eagle9252;756512 wrote: you could alsway over build it like mine. wife called it a redneck deck. i told it is was for the shoe show.... then the finger puppets came out again!!!

My wife would be like whoo hoo a shoe show.

JohnIII;756515 wrote: My wife would be like whoo hoo a shoe show.

Ok, next ARC meeting is at John's house. :yay::yay::yay:

rdnelson99;756525 wrote: Ok, next ARC meeting is at John's house. :yay::yay::yay:

If we could squeeze everyone in my 1100 sq. Ft. Redneck ranch. I would say ok.

JohnIII;756529 wrote: If we could squeeze everyone in my 1100 sq. Ft. Redneck ranch. I would say ok.

<span style="font-family: Calibri"><span style="font-size: 13px">I got 2 acres out side plenty of room</span></span>

heavy duty JOHN

Edit: HA HA JOHN, I got you started with my 160 build. LOL time for you to come over and share some knowledge. Me , im just a novice right now.

Back