Building an in wall aquarium

dan30097

Market
Reaction score
Hey,

Does anyone know of somebody experienced in building an in wall aquarium. I will need there services.

Thanks.

dan30097;654073 wrote: Hey,

Does anyone know of somebody experienced in building an in wall aquarium. I will need there services.

Thanks.

I had some regular-old contractors do it. I took care of all the design/specification work for the support structure (glue lams spanning the full 6' underneath), electrical, etc.

-Phil

Dan
pm me ypour number , I have a construction background. I did a 300 gallon inwall build no problem

Fish Scales, a local sponsor does nice builds. If you look in their sponsor page, you can see an in wall build that chris did.

That is what we do. I have seen what a typical GC can do and IMO you should have somebody in the hobby or at least familiar with it's needs to construct for you.

Fish Scales2;654098 wrote: That is what we do. I have seen what a typical GC can do and IMO you <u>should have somebody in the hobby or at least familiar with it's needs to construct for you.

</em></u>Not referring to you but that is not always true either just like GCs there are those in the Business no good at it either.

Any tips or advice you guys can give to those who are doing an in wall aquarium? Don't want to hijacking the thread but I'm sure it comes in handy.

"You can help create your own luck, you can make things happen through hard work and intelligence."- Donald J. Trump

I'm not sure if I am in violation of forum rules but since their are sponsor/s who go outside of the hobby or related business and bid general construction for members' houses I guess it is OK to let you know I can do the construction as well.
I can set you up directly with a tank builder as well I just refer to for free.

alcatoe;656939 wrote: <span style="color: black"><span style="font-family: Verdana">Let me know if you want pics of the construction. </span></span>

*I* want to see those pics :)

Dustin

Definitely wanna go with Chris, he is the best at custom built aquariums and set ups. Have you seen marko22 build?

alcatoe, running a water line to the hood area doesn't make much sense to me? What's so continent about it? Water changes would result with mixture of salt. I do like your idea on drain line under the sump in case of a leak. Thanks for the ideas, and yes let see some pix!!

alcatoe;657435 wrote: Dan30097, I ran the waterline to my hood for easy access to the on /off valve so I could easily turn on/off my RO unit. While I do have my RO unit on a float and solenoid, I still don't trust it to failure so I still manually turn it off when my reservoir is full.
You're dumping the fresh water directly into your display? Do you not have a sump?

y'all... hes saying that the RO line extends to his sump, but the valve for it is in his hood..

Edit:
alcatoe;656939 wrote: <span style="color: black"><span style="font-family: Verdana">Let me know if you want pics of the construction. </span></span>
RedEDGE2k1;656993 said:
*I* want to see those pics :)

Dustin
me too...

Rbredding;657477 wrote: y'all... hes saying that the RO line extends to his sump, but the valve for it is in his hood..

Edit:
me too...
Thank you for clarifying that for me.

When I was younger I built one in the wall using plywood...

I don't think I was very good at it...

Back