Built in trim out

grouper therapy

Supporting
Reaction score
Thought I would share this with you guys. It is for a 350 Marrine land . It will be finished in a dover white lacquer and van dyke brown glazing. I think the owner will let me post it when finished.
Sent from my 5860E using Tapatalk 2
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
822915=41707-uploadfromtaptalk1356472866008.jpg
>
822915=41707-uploadfromtaptalk1356472866008.jpg
class="gc-images" title="uploadfromtaptalk1356472866008.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

Very nice work as usual. Are those panels gonna open to allow you to access the front of the tank.

Tangaray;822930 wrote: Very nice work as usual. Are those panels gonna open to allow you to access the front of the tank.
Thanks David. Yes the doors open individually and then the whole panel is on an actuator that lifts the door up and out a little,

grouper therapy;822938 wrote: Thanks David. Yes the doors open individually and then the whole panel is on an actuator that lifts the door up and out a little,

What actuator did you use. Thinking about adding a couple to my canopy so momma can open it.

I figured it wasn't motorized. I am just thinking about reducing the weight a bit. Similar to the hatch on an SUV. I hind site I wish I had cut doors into mine when I was dressing up the original.

I'm not sure how it would hold up in a canopy. The jury is still out on how it will perform over the tank in a large fish room.
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
822949=41713-Aventos-HL.jpg
>
822949=41713-Aventos-HL.jpg
class="gc-images" title="Aventos-HL.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

10 - 4. I may bite the bullet and pull the canopy down one day and cut some doors in.

grouper therapy;822938 wrote: Thanks David. Yes the doors open individually and then the whole panel is on an actuator that lifts the door up and out a little,

I was just wondering, because that is the one true issue that I have with my built in 90. The wall is a load bearing wall so a header was placed above the tank. I was not able to create a front opening for access to the front of my tank.

grouper therapy;822952 wrote: posted pic above Rich

Ahhh. Yeah that wouldn't work in my case for sure. Pretty heavy plus I would need something with 180 degrees of travel which I know would be tough to find.

Tangaray;822954 wrote: I was just wondering, because that is the one true issue that I have with my built in 90. The wall is a load bearing wall so a header was placed above the tank. I was not able to create a front opening for access to the front of my tank.
Can the header not be moved up or is up already?

Thanks Dustin . I just purchased the knives to run my own crown. It was more economical than buying especially if I factored in the time and fuel it took to purchase 10 lf.

grouper therapy;822997 wrote: Can the header not be moved up or is up already?

No it cannot be moved it has been up for almost three years now. Not a real issue anymore since I will be moving the 90 out of that room. I will be placing my 220 in front off the hole and running my plumbing through the wall.

grouper therapy;822949 wrote: I'm not sure how it would hold up in a canopy. The jury is still out on how it will perform over the tank in a large fish room.
http://www.atlantareefclub.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=41713&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1356483932" alt="" />
[/QUOTE]

Thank you for the inspiration I've been looking for! I think I want to try the servo drive though. Serious coin, but so cool! This is most excellent and I'm now able to finally close the book on my first build and move on to the big boy!

Back