Bulhead adapting need help

reefstinger

Market
Reaction score
OK, so i set my 155 gallon tank in the cabinet yesterday, I figured out how to adapt my 1-1/4 bulkhead to a 2 in pvc lines for the drains. this tank has 2 overflow box s . The problem now is adapting my 1 in bulkheads for the return pipes to 1-1/2 pvc. the bottom of the bulkhead has a 3/4 in hose barb fitting. my question is do I need to buy a couple of new bulkheads, or is there a hose to pvc and adapt up to the pump? :unsure:

Are the hose barbs glued in or threaded. Why is you return 1.5" that will flow a lot under pressure.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

reefstinger;750565 wrote: OK, so i set my 155 gallon tank in the cabinet yesterday, I figured out how to adapt my 1-1/4 bulkhead to a 2 in pvc lines for the drains. this tank has 2 overflow box s . The problem now is adapting my 1 in bulkheads for the return pipes to 1-1/2 pvc. the bottom of the bulkhead has a 3/4 in hose barb fitting. my question is do I need to buy a couple of new bulkheads, or is there a hose to pvc and adapt up to the pump? :unsure:

I'd probably buy two new 1" slip bulkheads for the return, then adapt it to the 1.5" PVC from your return.

Acroholic;750617 wrote: I'd probably buy two new 1" slip bulkheads for the return, then adapt it to the 1.5" PVC from your return.
+1 I'm with Dave I like to start with a slip with a short section of pvc glued in then switch to pvc fitting. The threaded bulkheads do not seem to tighten properly to me.

grouper therapy;750623 wrote: +1 I'm with Dave I like to start with a slip with a short section of pvc glued in then switch to pvc fitting. The threaded bulkheads do not seem to tighten properly to me.

+1 on this. I tied using threaded when I tied my two ponds together. didn't work worth a flip. I ended up buying an over sized slip coupling and just clamped it down tight on the exterior of the bulkhead and over the PVC.

Not the prettiest but then neither am I.

John. i will have 10ft of head pressure from the basement sump to the display above, the Reeflo Rep recommended I use 1-1/22 for the return. I will be using a reeflo hammerhead/barracuda pump. sump is 75 gallon and display is a 155 gallon.

Edit: Thanks Guys , I think I will purchase 2 slip on bulkheads

Back