Buying Smaller Fish

camg

Market
Reaction score
I would like a tang and there is a LFS with a small Sailfin. What is the survival rate of smaller fish?

Well I know that it is life or death.... but do small tangs do well in aquariums?

Ok... how hard are they to keep when they are small? Do they need more feedings and are there any tricks to keeping these guys?

i feed mine 2x per day emerald entree with garlic and aminos it was a 1" regal it is now bigger fat and healthy

the sailfin should be fine. finding a small (tiny) one would be tough I think. I've never seen one smaller than a couple inches for sale.

dawgdude;208636 wrote: The clip method isnt really the best IMO.

Don't tell my tangs that. They will take your arm off if you come any where near the veggie clip(Or in my case the Mag Float). :up:

camg;208607 wrote: Well I know that it is life or death.... but do small tangs do well in aquariums?

Well that's why I said 50/50. It really depends on how they were caught in the wild. Yes if your lucky they will do fine but i have tried several small sailfin;s and Regals in the past. They perished usually the same week or some made it a few weeks.

Back