C2C Overflow Help Please

snowmansnow

Market
Reaction score
Ok. So I didn't see this coming...

I had the parts cut to make the long "L" shape. Did a dry fit... Fits just right.. Used Weldon to "weld" them up.

PROBLEM. I can't get the structure to turn correctly because of the added 3-d corners....

What do I do? Cut a corner off and weld it back later?

793813=39363-ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346544529.445903.jpg
>
793813=39363-ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346544529.445903.jpg
class="gc-images" title="ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346544529.445903.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:400px" /></a>

;)

Not sure I follow you (or the pic for that matter) Can you try to explane a little better what the problem is?

Edit: Is it that you can't get it past the lip of the tank rim without tipping it and then the fit is so tight you can get it back level? I so, use a skill say, table saw or dremel tool to shave a little off one end. That may leave a bit of a gap but the silicone will fill the void. Keep in mind, the water on the outside will be at a higher level than the inside and therefore will push it against the tank back wall relieving any pressure on the silicone.

had the same problem when i did my c2c on the end of the tank. i moved it to the middle of the tank and the glass bowed just enough to allow me to turn it. you can cut the upper corners down some to allow it to turn. you will need a good bead on both sides and let it sit for a couple of days to cure.

That's kinda what the problem is, but since it is 5" tall I'm missing it by a few inches. I actually think I'm going to cut about 4 inches off of one end and then cap that end, so that I will have a way to get my return in without going over the top of the overflow.

;)

On mine, I left about 4" at that end. Kind of wish I had left a little more to make it easier to get my hands in that space. When I drilled the tank, I wanted the drain lines near the end so I could reach them easily. But, I could have went a little farther in without any trouble.

Back