CA reactor media

glxtrix

Market
Reaction score
Does any LFS carry the Gen-X CA reactor media? If so, how much is it. Thanks.

Joe if it's not around locally, premium aquatics sells it pretty cheap. $17.95 for 10lbs. If you'd want to go in on shipping, I'll make the order.

Sammy used to carry it. I'm sure he can probably order some for you if he doesn't have any in stock.

I broke mine apart last night. I tried Carb sea but half of it seemed to break down to mush twice as fast as gen-x. I checked my PH probe and it was calibrate correctly, PH was correct so I guess its the media.

Anyone else have this problem with Carb Sea large media?

I will PM you lee.

Joe

I'm using the carib sea large media and it seems to work just fine. Although, now that you mention it, I need to recal my ph probe and recheck the affluent.

I know people running the large media around 6.2 I cant imagine how low yours was to melt it? I know I run my small media at 6.5 shut off, and its doing fine. I will have a lot of this small media for sale if anyone wants it. Nothing wrong with it, just want to try out the large stuff.

its got pros and cons. I just switched to large because I noticed my primary chamber wasnt reducing much. It came out as a brick. I just didnt want to deal with the solidification/compaction issues. Lee, if you go with a buy, let me know pardner.

It did not melt but a lot of it broke down. There was a lot of small particulate. That particulate had started to clog the effluent output. Like I said about half seems OK. I figured my ph probe was off but when I took it out and calibrate it was spot on. Hmm:confused2:

Joe

Jeremy, it seems more like I'll be doing a buy. let me know how many you'd be interested in.

glxtrix;191972 wrote: Jeremy, it seems more like I'll be doing a buy. let me know how many you'd be interested in.

Is this by the pound, or by the package?

its per bottle which holds 10lbs. here is the link.

merchant.mvc

glxtrix;192025 wrote: its per bottle which holds 10lbs. here is the link.

http://www.premiumaquatics.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PC-CRM&Category_Code=cmedia">http://www.premiumaquatics.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PC-CRM&Category_Code=cmedia</a>[/QUOTE]

put me down for 3

Crap! Lol, not too sure. I've read that some people had some issues with it. And they suggested this stuff. Soooo I thought I'd give it a try. I do know however ARM is more expensive for less. They also say ARM has more strontium and some more trace elements....to what degree over this, not too sure.

I want one bottle large media.

I have used both now. I had to have a higher effluent rate with the gen-x (20ml) more and it appeared to last longer. As for the trace elements I don't know.

Joe

3 - Jeremy
3 - kwl1763
2 - Lee
1 - Joe

I'll be ordering this prolly tomorrow, unless more people want in. You guys can pay me when they pick it up. I'll let you guy know final cost once order is sent. Thanks.

Alright if I don't hear from anyone else by 11am, I'll be ordering these today.

Back